Sunday, January 13, 2008

Dont fight with your cusinart.



That is my lesson for the day. Last Sunday I was taking the Cuisinart blade out of the dishwasher and oops! I cut my left thumb open. Dumb. I ended up with 7 stitches. The moral of the story is to look first, then reach in.

Anyway, even with only one usable thumb I've been creating. I'm currently working on some embroidered felt and fleece Valentine hearts. Pictures to come eventually. Also, until my accident I was learning to crochet. My thumb is almost healed enough to start up again. I think one more week and I'll be good to go. I also had another metalsmithing class yesterday. I took a 6 hour enamelling class. I spent some of my time just experimenting and as you can see I had some nice results and some not-so-nice results, hehe. The tiny purple and blue ones became a pair of earrings tonight. I ran out of sunlight so I'll post a photo next time. I finally had some 20 gauge sterling wire so I made my own earwires as well.



I also discovered that a Goodwill opened up about 15 minutes from me. I took a trip down there today and was somewhat disappointed. It was mostly clothing and very little jewelry. I did manage to find a wood bangle and this nut/pit bracelet. I'm deciding what to do to the bangle. I'm considering collage, painting or wrapping it with ribbon. Suggestions are welcome.

I'm off to celebrate the Giant's winning! Happy crafting!

2 comments:

Charmingdesigns said...

ouch! sorry about the cut!! Love your work! Laurie

Mary Harding said...

I had a similar accident with the blade of my food processor which was in a drawer I was rumaging through. And oh did that hurt. Luckily not as bad as yours. Thank you for the wonderful comment about my work on the Collaboration Exploration on Heather's blog. I am pleased to meet you. I will check out your new site on typepad.