Monday, August 20, 2007

Getting closer!



This week needs to go faster! I'm leaving for Beadfest on Thursday night and I'm super excited! Each year I make a piece of jewelry to wear to Beadfest to show off. The first photo is my work in progress when it was half-way done. Of course that is one of my collage pendants and the stones are prehnite and kyanite. I currently have half of the other side finished. I believe it will be finished tomorrow night and then I'll photograph the finished piece.


I'm finally moving away from using pre-made clasps and findings. The pendant hanger and the clasp I created from sterling silver wire. I used Sharilyn Millers, "Bead on a Wire" book as a guide for the clasp. It's definitely the best wire book on the market. Her instructions are so clear and easy to follow that it only took me one practice run with copper to get the clasp right.


In other news, I still need a banner. I havent decided yet how I want it to look. There are some ideas floating around in my head but I have yet to attempt them. The next two weekends are so packed that I cant really work on it but when I return I'll put the pedal to the metal! Also, if anyone has any suggestions for a tag line for my site I'd love to hear it. Until we meet again...

2 comments:

Craft Accident said...

Wonderful work! I am looking for some jewelry pendant blanks like those in this post... would you mind sharing your source with me?

sarah@stampstars.com

Thanks so much!

Vintage Blue Studio said...

Thank you! Send me an email and I'd be happy to share my source.

Diana