Monday, August 6, 2007

Setting Goals

I havent written in a few days and I'm feeling guilty about it. It's my goal to try and post at least every other day but I suppose that isnt always going to happen. I just started a new job, renfaire season has begun and Philly Bead Fest is almost here. It's an exciting and busy time of year! I'll keep at it and do my best to meet my goals.

The necklace above was a bit of an experiment. I wanted to make a charm necklace incorporating several techniques. The large washer and circle are both from sale jewelry I bought at the mall. They had marked it down so much they were practically giving the pieces away! I stamped the washer with StazOn ink and let it air dry. The tube bead is made from plastic tubing with some stamped vellum inside of it. I used pewter (or are they sterling? I don't remember.) end caps and seed beads to pull it all together. The blue glass beads are from a vintage necklace I pulled apart. The spiral charms were made with non-tarnish wire. There is also a pewter coin charm on there but it's kind of hidden.

Now I need to go back to debating what I'm going to make to wear for Bead Fest. Every year I spend a few weeks trying to figure this out and this year is no different...

0 comments: