Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Ramblings


Yes! I love using my glass hand collection in my photos. I have two more antique hands on the way and I cant wait till they arrive. Now I just need to perfect my photography. So this has been one of those weeks at work which has sucked the creativity right out of me. I've stayed late the last few days to help the team finish up a project that is due sooner than we'd all like. Unfortunately, when I come home all I want to do is eat dinner and surf the Internet. At least I made some collage pendants and started a pair of earrings this past weekend. Those photos are coming soon! Now for the good stuff...

The pendant above is double-sided but I like this side the best. It's actually a coin holder that I put a collage on one side and a metal watch dial on the other. The side above is also accented with a Swarovski crystal (love those!) and sealed with Ranger Glossy Accents. Ranger makes the best stuff!

In other news, Philly Bead Fest is fast approaching and I'm super excited. I'll be taking Found Object Jewelry/Creative Metals 101 by Cheryl Strait (http://www.cherylsstudio.theshoppe.com/). This will be the first time I've used a jewelers saw and I'm hoping I don't cut myself! In addition to the class I'm taking, my fiance will be taking a borosilicate lampworking class. He normally works in soft glass but he's been drooling over boro lately. I'll be certain to post photos when it's all over.

Well that's all for now, I think I need a nap.

2 comments:

ButterflyBeadwear said...

Your jewellery is very usual, I love thr butterfly pendants. I have added you to my blog list. Have a great day, and keep creating!
Tammy

www.butterflybeadwear.blogspot.com

Vintage Blue Studio said...

Thank you very much. I'm going to go check out your blog now!

Diana