Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Bead Fest Withdrawl


Bead Fest is over and I'm already wishing it was next year. My fiance and I had a wonderful time. We each took a class on Friday and then we took a glass fusing class together on Saturday afternoon.

I had taken a photo of the results of my metalsmithing class but they will have to be redone...too blurry. Speaking of the metalsmithing class, Cheryl Strait was an excellent instructor and helped make me feel comfortable using the jewelers saw for the first time. I can proudly say I was the only student to make my own rivet. After class was over I was really frustrated with my results, but after a good night's sleep I thought I did pretty well and I cant wait to order more metal and try some more.

After our fusing class on Saturday afternoon I shopped hard. I bought mostly tools but here is a photo of the beads I purchased. This is my third year attending Philly Bead Fest and each year my bead purchase shrinks while my tool purchase grows. Just a few of the tools I added this year were a ring mandrel, metal letter and number stamp set, new files, replacement nylon jaw pliers, molds for polymer clay/resin.

When our finished fused glass cabochons arrive in the mail I'll be certain to post them with re-done photos of my metal piece.

0 comments: