Sunday, October 28, 2007

Adventures in Wire

I didn't mean to go over a week without a post but well, I did. Last weekend I went to a juried arts and crafts fair at the Morristown Armory and ordered my wedding band and bought Christmas presents. The wedding band is being created by Finestra (http://www.finestradesign.com/). She had this fantastic gold band that I loved but I wanted white gold so she said to give her 4 weeks and she'll have it ready. I'm going to try to not get too excited since the wedding isn't until July, lol!


So besides shopping I've also been creating lately. A few weekends ago I was playing with some tiny charm blanks and made these little ladies. Once my sterling wire order arrives I'll be turning them into earrings. I really enjoy making earrings, especially as gifts. It's funny, because even though my ears are pierced I hardly ever wear earrings. My friends never get tired of receiving them.

And since I'm getting ready for my wire order to arrive I've been practicing making earwires out of copper wire. I love copper because I can mess up over and over and it doesn't cost much to replace. I also attempted to make the pin base from Sharilyn Miller's wire book. I dont think it was bad for a first try. I didn't put any beads on because I didn't want to take the time to remove them if I messed up horribly.

Well, that's all for now. Join me next time when I post about my misadventures in glass fusing!

1 comments:

Natasha Burns said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I just love your charms, they are so cute. The kitty ones further down are so adorable too!