Sunday, October 7, 2007

Excuse the mess...


Why is it that every time you clean a room it suddenly ends up messy again? Oh, maybe it's because I keep collecting things! For instance, last weekend I picked up some nice minerals and fossils at the Franklin show. Aren't they cool? There were vendors inside and outside the school. I had no idea that this show has been held for 51 years. We originally went to the mine because we thought that's where it was being held. When we got there, they informed us it was down the road but since we were already at the mine we could take a tour or go digging out in the dump site. We went digging. Well, it's more like picking up and dropping. It shares the old dump site with the mine up the street. These mines are "famous" for mineral fluorescence (you can learn more at http://www.franklinmineralmuseum.com/) We managed to find some rocks that glow orange and pink. We didn't find a good green one so I bought one at the show. The odd looking white rock in the back turns green under a black light.

In addition to digging in the dirt, I've been working hard at getting ready for the holiday season. I just completed my cat pendants (the photo needs work). I absolutely love these! I was inspired by the neighbors cat who always follows me around. This week I'm going to start a dog series.

With all these pendants I needed someplace to store them. Well, I just received my new pendant display in the mail. I cant wait to do my first show and actually get to use it! It holds a ton of pendants and it rotates. It's got a great vintage look which is perfect for this line of jewelry. Time for me to get back to work.

9 comments:

Lisa Johnson said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog to leave a note. I'm looking forward to spending some time perusing your blog now that I know about you. Check back tomorrow as I just had another busy day at the flea markets and found some fun items to show off.

Lisa

Birds of a Feather said...

thanks for stopping by , and leaving sweet comments! i love your kitty charms, and i'll check back to see the doggie ones. best wishes with your first show - very exciting! xo

Michele said...

Your pendants are beautiful! Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please stop back again.
Michele

Michele said...

It's me again. Where can I purchase some of your pendants? They are lovely.

Thanks!
Michele

Vintage Blue Studio said...

Thanks so much everyone! Michele, my pendants will eventually be up for sale on etsy. I'm still in the process of getting ready to open the shop. There's so much left to be done but I'm hoping to be able to open it some time next month. Thanks for the interest!

Diana

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

I love your kitty charms!!! They are so sweet. What a great little stand you found for them too.

Heather :)

Anonymous said...

What wonderful pendants! That's a great display. May I ask where you got it?

Vintage Blue Studio said...

Hi Sandy. I sent you an email about the display. For anyone else interested, those copper displays can be found on ebay.

Anonymous said...

I love your pendant display. I think anyone could use one of those for their own jewelry. It must be so exciting to do a show.