Thursday, October 18, 2007

Just because it's not Christmas...


Doesn't mean you cant send your friends gifts! I finally finished the box! Stacey has been patiently waiting for a package to come from me and I had to keep telling her I wasn't finished with it yet. I have a bunch of goodies to put inside of it and a few that don't even fit in. I'm almost done with a pair of earrings for her too. I used some of Humble Beads (http://www.humblebeads.etsy.com/) wonderful polymer creations in the pair. When they're done I'll post em! Can you tell Stacey and I love the color blue?

So the nitty gritty about the box is that it was a papier mache base decorated with acrylic paints, krylon spray, ribbon, crepe paper, vintage french text, buttons and a glittery letter "S". The glitter is from the Martha Stewart collection. I normally wont buy her products but the glitter was just so sparkly (and I had a coupon).

I also attempted something other than collage and jewelry over the last few days. I made my first batch of lip balm. It's unscented with a beeswax base. It didn't come out as smooth as I'd hoped so I picked up some cocoa butter at the health food store on the way home today. I'll try my second batch tomorrow or this weekend. It does look pretty though.

And last, but certainly not least, I want to give a shout out to Hidden Haven for sending me an amazing package today! I ordered the unscented goat milk soap and lotion and she sent me a ton of stuff. Also, the bars of soap are huge! I tried the lotion before typing my blog and my hands feel so soft! So if you are looking to pamper yourself, go check out Hidden Haven.(http://www.hiddenhaven.etsy.com/)





3 comments:

Lori said...

thanks so much for visiting me!! i just love your pendants, esp the cute 'lil kitties and the laundry pins you foofed up are just so wonderful!!!

Vintage Blue Studio said...

Thanks Lori! Hopefully I'll finish up my dog pendants soon to! But today I've got some antiquing to do!

Diana

Rosemary said...

Hi Diana,
Thanks for visiting my blog. I like your blog too. Thanks for the nice comments about my pumpkin fairy.
Visit me again soon,
Rosemary