Sunday, November 11, 2007

A Busy Month


November has turned out to be a busy month. At work we're trying to get all the audits done in a short amount of time due to the holiday. I've been coming home exhausted but that hasn't stopped me from crafting. I think I've made more things this month than in the last few!

As you can see above, I finished my dog pendants. For some strange reason they all came out in orange tones. I did NOT plan it this way. Maybe the fall colors finally got to me? I'm considering turning one into a beaded necklace. I have lots sterling silver wire and some nice orange agate beads that would compliment the pendants nicely.

I've also been making several stuffies and have posted photos of them on craftster.org in the toy section . There is another bunny and several gremlins. I enjoyed the gremlins so much that I'm going to make miniature ones in green and red for Christmas ornaments. I'll post those here when I'm finished with them.

Hmmm what else have I been making? Well, there's the batch of lip balm I made which turned out smooth but a bit greasy and kind of an ugly color. I have a revised recipe I'm going to make tomorrow.

There's also all the copper wire I've been destroying...errrr...playing with. I love the look of kilt pins but the ones at the store are all silver-plated (yuck). So I practiced on copper and after a few mistakes (can you guess which is the mistake, lol) I came out with a decent kilt-pin! I still need to finish hammering and filing the point but otherwise it's done. I think I like them better in copper than in silver.

Time to get back to creating!

2 comments:

Beth Leintz said...

You MADE that kilt pin- wow! I've tried to bend wire and I'm lucky if I can make a pair of earrings. I have Sharilyn Miller's book, too and it is helpful and inspirational.

Elaine Ray said...

Wow - what a great pin. That would be a beautiful way to display all kinds of beads. I too like the copper, it would go with my beads so much better.

Thanks for the inspiration!