Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Party's Over

Yes, that's a link to my etsy store over there. Nope, there's nothing set up yet. I had originally planned to have everything up and running by the end of August. August has since come and gone. It's not that I didn't work on it, it's just that life got in the way....again and again. I was doing pretty well working on pieces until July when I got a full time job. Since then, I find the only time I have the energy to create is on the weekends and those have been booked for the last few weeks. But summer is over and there are no more trips to go on so let the creating begin!


Speaking of trips. I went to Rochester for the long weekend and I had a wonderful time. On Saturday, Colin's aunt took me to a great antique co-op. I bought several porcelain hand-shaped dishes, some antique lace (blue and pink), a stack of cabinet cards, a blue slag glass bowl and this really cool vintage display hand/arm. I have big plans for that display hand, it's going to look great once I finally get a show table set up. I managed to spend less than $40 on everything! You cant get that kind of a deal here in Jersey unless you go far out of the suburbs. With that being said, I'm taking a few hours on Saturday and going to another antique co-op about 25 minutes from me. If I can find more cool glass dishes and bowls it will be worth it. They also have this antique fireman's hat I want to get for Colin since he is a volunteer figherfighter.


Well that's all I have for now. Besides, I need to get back to work on all the things I was supposed to have done by now!

0 comments: