Monday, September 10, 2007

Antique Show and Tell: Part 2








My bad. This weekend I chopped off 7 inches of hair, got highlights for the first time and went to 2 flea markets. I guess you could say I was being spontaneous. The first flea market I found on the way home from getting my hair cut. It was being held in the parking lot of a small church. I found a wooden humpty dumpy ($1) that needed love, some weird mini cards I can use for collage, an antique sterling salt cellar spoon, an old key, a brass tag and a hideous belt that had a bunch of coin charms hanging off of it.

On Sunday, there was a flea market down the street from my apartment. Some of the vendors from the day before were there along with cheap imports, a guy selling soy candles, some garage sale junk and one lady selling wire-wrapped jewelry. Originally, my neighbor downstairs wanted to sell her knitted scarves and share a table with me. I'm glad we didn't do this show. People were looking for cheap and they were rude about it to. I wont repeat some of the nasty comments I heard while browsing. Anyway, at this show I purchased a brand new pin-up girl cosmetics bag ($2), a vintage glass marble pendant ($1) and a vintage cobalt blue glass bunny trinket dish-thing ($3).

Back to those nasty comments by people though. It's one thing to look for a bargain, but there's no need to be rude about it. I suppose their mother never taught them that if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. And that's all I will say about the matter.

P.S. Isnt Humpty cute?

0 comments: