Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sunday, September 16th...No clever title

Yesterday was a blast. I took $25 up to an area filled with antique stores to see what I could get. But before I go into that I want to show a few things that will be available in my Etsy store when I'm up and running.


These three pendants made it past my scrutinizing and (unless someone snags them prior) they will be some of the first items available. The Mona Lisa looks a bit funny in the photo because she was covered in mica before being sealed. I will have to work on her photography. The pendant in the center is my favorite. I don't really want to let it go but I cant keep every single thing that I make!

Also, two of these pendants will be for sale in the shop as well. Miss 1906 and Miss 1912. The center was the first one I created. I wore her to Beadfest last year on a great beaded sterling silver chain and wire necklace and it somehow ended up in the washing machine. The necklace got tangled beyond repair and she formed wrinkles! LOL! Lesson learned. Don't throw your jewelry in the wash. Oops.

Finally, we have my finds from antiquing yesterday. A milk glass bowl, some vintage lace, a tussie mussie-style brooch, old wooden ruler, a vintage Japan glass necklace with some fantastic foil beads on it. That necklace was a steal and I cant wait to take it apart!

Alright, it's time for breakfast!









0 comments: