Saturday, September 29, 2007

Could have been better...

This morning could have been better. I went to 2 garage sales, 2 community sales and a church sale and hardly found a thing. In fact, the few things I purchased aren't even photo worthy. However, I was feeling inspired today so I began work on three more collage pendants. This set is going to be cat themed. I was digging through my image collection and found these cute vintage-style kitties I kept overlooking. Only two can be finished tomorrow because I ran out of round pendant bases. I ordered more this afternoon so I should be able to finish them by the end of the week. I'm going to work on a dog series next.

Since I don't have any good finds or new creations to show tonight I thought I'd post these brass laundry pin pendants. I was shopping on Etsy about a month ago and saw a couple sellers that had made these. I purchased a small set of 5 brass laundry pins and gave it a try. I wont be selling them since I don't think that would be right so I've greedily kept them for myself.

I have high hopes for tomorrow. The Franklin mines are having a gem and mineral show and Colin has agreed to go. He hasn't agreed to take a mine tour yet but I haven't been on one since high school and I really want to go back in. At the very least I'm hoping to get some nice pieces to wire wrap or bead around. I'll check back in a day or so and post how it went!

0 comments: