Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I Told You I Would Post It


Yup, it's Wednesday. Work crawled by today. Training isn't easy since I'm unfamiliar with all the insurance lingo. I know eventually I will catch on but right now it's tough. I felt better when the other new hires expressed the same feelings. Enough about that, let me get on with the good stuff...

I finally took a nice photo of the piece I made at my metalsmithing class from Beadfest. Be nice folks, it was my first time doing something like this. The collage was assembled quickly using a bad glue stick (shame on me for using a glue stick). The collage is sandwiched between copper, acrylic and aluminum. The copper and acrylic I cut with a jeweler's saw. I cheated on the aluminum and used a pair of tin snips. It's currently being held together by a rivet I made from scratch. I would like to point out that I was the only student to make my own rivet (go me!). The brass screw was in there just to hold everything together while I was sawing. I do plan on finishing the piece...sometime.

Here are some of my butterfly collage pendants. 3 out of 4 of these are rejects. You'll have to guess which ones they are. Each has a tiny something wrong with it that most people wouldn't notice but I cant stop staring at it. When things like this happen I either wear the piece myself or my friends and family like to take them. They don't seem to mind the tiny oops. Funny how as the artist you will fixate on that one thing and yet no one else seems to notice it...

4 comments:

Beth Leintz said...

I am so impressed! Using a jewelers saw, making your own rivet, and all the soldering- you are like the wonder woman of small tools!

I have no idea which soldered piece has an imperfection- they look wonderful to me!

Beautiful work!

Vintage Blue Studio said...

Thank you very much! I like that...the wonder woman of small tools, lol!

Diana

Anonymous said...

love your butterflys, they all look GOOD to me.

Vintage Blue Studio said...

Thank you Stacey!