Sunday, September 23, 2007

Short and Sweet

I'm going to keep things short and sweet tonight. I think I may have caught one of the stomach viruses going around. Forgive me for the poor quality photos, I just didnt have it in me to try real hard. In a few days I'll post some of collage pendants, tags and fused glass I've been working on. For now, I give you my antiquing and garage sale finds for this weekend.

The blue glass pitcher set I got at a garage sale on my way home from antiquing. It has no nicks or chips and my fiance actually liked it! Actually, he was the one that gave me money this morning and told me to go have fun. Who am I to say no to that? At the first antique store I also found several Wade figurines but I bought the two I liked the most; the weight lifter and the poodle. The glass salt and pepper shakers I plan on using to store German glass glitter and mica flakes in.

I also found a tiny heart charm and a glass roman-design intaglio bracelet that was in pretty good shape. It cost slightly more than I wanted to pay but it caught my eye. I also found some chandelier crystals that I will use in my collage.

My favorite find of the day was the pink depression glass. I'm not really sure what this particular piece is called so I'll go look it up in my collectors book. It was $3 and in great shape. The pink is extra gorgeous when the light hits it.

Well, stay tuned for all the lovelies I made this weekend. The kiln is going as we speak! Hey, this wasnt as short as I thought it was going to be...

3 comments:

Sweet Remembrance said...

Great finds today!
Hope your feeling better soon...
Priscilla

Anonymous said...

The blue of the pitcher and glasses is delicious. I see why you bought them. Have you seen the color of Martha Stewart's new enamel cast iron pots? They are incredible. I love the mermaid.

Vintage Blue Studio said...

I havent seen them, I'll have to check it out! Thanks! Oh and I believe the pitcher and glasses are Anchor Hocking glass from the 60's or 70's, but I havent confirmed it yet!

Diana