Friday, September 7, 2007

Antique Show and Tell



Tonight is show and tell. Last post was about all the wonderful things I purchased at the antique co-op in Rochester, so here they are! Also, my fused glass cabochons from one of my Beadfest classes arrived in the mail. Not bad for a first try!

Here we have the hand display I got for a great deal....$12! I originally didn't purchase it and regretted it. Colin's aunt drove me back to the shop right before closing so I could grab it up. I don't know why I passed it up the first time but I'm definitely glad I went back. I think it's going to look really cool on my table display.

Next, we have some antique lace, a stack of cabinet cards and a bag full of cigar bands. The cigar bands are great for collage. I've used them for backgrounds and also as a belt when I was decorating a statue cut-out.


The little blue bottle was too good to pass up. It says "Root Bitter" on it. I have no idea what that is but I'll Google it. The blue slag glass bowl I originally passed on but when I went back for the hand I decided I must have it. Some beads might look nice in there...

If you've read my blog before you know I love glass hand dishes. Well I found some porcelain hand dishes and I bought them all! Arent they adorable?

Here are my fused glass cabochons from Beadfest! This class was a nice introduction to fused glass. Colin and I took it to see if this was something else we wanted to pursue. We had such a great time that we'll be placing a large glass order this weekend.

Well that's all for show and tell. I need to get back to work on my etsy store. I've set some goals and a timeline and I plan on sticking to them!

3 comments:

Barbra said...

I can't wait to see your shop when it's up. From your blog entries, you're right up my alley! let me know when you're up and running.

Lissa said...

Loved your show and tell! I love old things as well. We're smack dab in the middle of a large antique area.

Good deal on the hand manequin...I've been thinking about one of those...Beautiful work on the cabs too! I'm waiting on a class to open up on glass at our local bead shop.

Thanks for your comment on my blog :)

Vintage Blue Studio said...

Thank you so much Barbra and Lissa! I hit up a flea market today one the way home from getting my hair cut and I bought even more goodies. And Barbra once my shop is up I'll be certain to make an announcement!

Diana