Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Something New

Here are my two latest pendants! I'm so happy they came out as well as they did. I never know if I'm going to get a horrible bubble but these came out winners! The "Bunny" pendant is made from various scrapbook papers and old text. The mermaid is a combination of scrapbook paper and a loteria card.

While all this inspiration was happening, I attempted my first altered tag. This was a challenge for me since I'm use to working on a smaller scale. I'm really pleased with the results. It still needs some ribbon on the top but otherwise it's finished. It's made from scrapbook paper, vintage scraps, vintage pompom fringe, mica flakes, old text, distress ink and Swarovski crystals. I'm going to hang it in my craft space when it's finished.

On a different note, Colin and I tried fusing some glass in our kiln the other night and well, I wont be posting the results. It was bad. Real bad. We learned some valuable lessons and hopefully our next attempt will have better results. Since those pieces didnt come out, I took some of the cabochons I made at Beadfest and attached findings to them. I wore the pink ring to work and the girls really liked it!
I have to get up early tomorrow so that's all the sharing I have for now!

2 comments:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I came by to see your pom poms, after you mentined it at Beth's site. They are cute as a tag trim! I have some tucked away, I might need to get it out!

Vintage Blue Studio said...

Ooo. Tell me when you've made something with it, I'd love to see it!

Diana